Weekly Sample Sale Heads Up
Harriet Magpie has received many requests for a weekly heads up on sample sales that are going on around the city. Though we would like to feature only those sales that are worthwhile, it’s hard for us to check them all out to help you avoid those warehouses filled with last year’s duds. However, since some sales do turn out successful, and we are not ones to prejudge when it comes to getting tremendous discounts, we will try to list the most interesting ones of the week. This is a heads up only for locations of the sales, but, remember, when bargain shopping, heads down and full steam ahead. And with that it mind, here are the week’s best sounding sample sales…
1) What: Jewelry from Nordstrom, Free People, Macy’s and more from ShoptheLook.net is up to 80 PERCENT OFF at this accessories sample sale – all jewelry is UNDER $15! Shop, and still have money left over for lunch! Where: 10 W. 33rd Street (near Fifth Avenue), Suite 802. When: Through Thursday, 3/25 (10 am – 7 pm) UPDATE: Really Bad. Don’t Go!
2) What: BCBG Max Azria, Tarte, William Rast, Rock and Republic, Paige Jeans, Splendid & more Warehouse Sale – 80 PERCENT OFF. Tarte Cosmetics starting as low as $8! Where: Metropolitan Pavilion, 123 W. 18th Street, near Sixth Avenue (5th Floor). When: Thursday, 3/25 – Saturday, 3/27, (Noon – 8 pm) Why? Buy any 5 items and get one of them free!
3) What: Hermes Spring Sale: Handbags, Accessories, and Ready-To-Wear items up to 60 PERCENT OFF. Where: Also at the Metropolitan Pavilion, 123 W. 18th Street, near Sixth Avenue. When: Through Sunday, 3/28. Call 212-463-0200 for hours (change daily).
Update on both sample sales at Metropolitan Pavilion (2 & 3): Could not get in. Lines RIDICULOM-O! (If anyone did, please comment and let us know if it was worthwhile)
4) What: Showroom Seven Sample Sale: Handbags, Clothing and Accessories up to 90 PERCENT OFF! (We’re talkin’ Kova & T dark denim jeans, originally $160 – now $20!). Where: 263 Eleventh Avenue, near 28th Street (3rd floor). When: Through Friday, 3/26 (10 am – 7 pm).
5) What: Shop W Style: Day of shopping festivities hosted by W Magazine. Meet W Magazine editors and get a makeover by the pros. More than 40 participating stores in the Meatpacking District (including DVF, Catherine Malandrino and Hugo Boss) will be hosting events and offering sales! Where: The Shop W Style Lounge at the Standard Hotel, 69 Little W. 12th Street, at Washington. When: Saturday, 3/27 (10 am – 6 pm) Cost to Attend: FREE Check out wdesires.com/shopwstyle for a full list of participants
6) What: Kenneth Jay Lane merchandise 40 PERCENT OFF at the Plaza’s moving sale. Prices range from $50 – $1,000. Where: 1 W. 58th Street, at Fifth Avenue. When: Through March 31st – Monday through Saturday (11 am – 7 pm), Sunday (Noon – 6 pm)
7) What: Shoebox Friends and Family Sale, 20 PERCENT OFF Shoes and Bags Where: 2 NYC locations: 537 Third Avenue, near 36th Street and 1222 Madison Avenue (btwn 88th and 89th Streets). When: Thursday, 3/25 – Sunday, 3/28
And, for you novice shoppers…
8) What: Bloomingdale’s Friends and Family Sale Where: 2 NYC locations: Midtown – 59th Street & Lexington Avenue, Soho – 504 Broadway, near Broome Street. When: Today, 3/24 – Sunday, 3/28